Get Hands on instruction and practice administering Active Directory technologies in Windows Server in this 5-day Microsoft Official Course. You will learn the skills you need to better manage and protect data access and information, simplify deployment and management of your identity infrastructure, and provide more secure access to data. You will learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control (DAC), Work Folders, Work Place Join, Certificate Services, Rights Management Services (RMS), Federation Services, as well as integrating your on premise environment with cloud based technologies such as Windows Azure Active Directory.
A basic knowledge of general computing concepts.Some experience working with Windows Client operating systems such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Students for this course are just starting their Information Technology (IT) careers or want to change careers into Windows Server technologies. This fundamental knowledge and skills can be used by home computer users, small business owners, academic students, information workers, technical managers, help desk technicians, or students who want to cross train from another technology.
- Perform a local media-based installation of Windows Server 2012.
- Select appropriate storage technologies and configure storage on a Windows Server.
- Describe fundamental network components and terminology so you can select an appropriate network component.
- Implement a network by selecting network hardware components and technologies and determine the appropriate network hardware and wiring components for a given situation.
- Describe the protocols and services within the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) suite of protocols and implement IPv4 within a Windows Server environment.
- Describe and implement server roles.
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Domain Service (AD DS) forest.
- Describe the concept of defense-in-depth and determine how to implement this approach with Windows Server.
- Identify the security features in Windows Server that help to provide defense-in-depth.
- Identify the network-related security features in Windows Server to mitigate security threats to your network.
- Identify and implement additional software components to enhance your organization’s security.
- Monitor a server to determine the performance level.
- Identify the Windows Server tools available to maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server.
- Official Microsoft Courseware
- Hands-on Activities
10% Discount for Veterans, or 20% Discount for Government Agencies!
Use coupon code "VET2020" or "GOV2020" at checkout. Call us at 888-410-7818 to verify your status before class.