IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL) is the most widely adopted framework for IT Service Management in the world. It is a practical approach to identifying, planning, delivering and supporting IT services to the business. It describes how IT resources should be organized to deliver business value, documenting the processes, functions and roles of IT Service Management (ITSM).
ITIL principles are used by a number of organizations in both the public and private sectors such as NASA, IBM, HP, British Telecom, HSBC bank and L'Oreal.
ITIL is created and owned by the Cabinet Office. ITIL best practices are explained in the five core guidance publications outlining the fundamental ITIL principles that focus on various areas within the service management discipline.
ITIL best practices also underpin the foundations of ISO/IEC 20000 (previously BS15000), the International Service Management Standard for organizational certification and compliance.
The ITIL-MACL is the capstone examination for the scheme. Candidates who have earned at least 17 credits from both Foundation and Intermediate modules of ITIL Certifications are eligible to take this course and examination, and will be eligible for the ITIL Expert level award following successful completion.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already have two (2) credits from the ITIL Foundation certificate and must, as a minimum, have obtained a further 15 credits to a total of at least 17 credits. 15 credits can be obtained from ITIL Intermediate qualifications. Some credits from earlier ITIL qualifications and complementary qualifications can also count towards 15 credits. Holders of ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management are also eligible. Documentary evidence of all credits must be presented by candidates for the MALC qualification.
The qualification prepares candidates to work in established service management roles, as well as to implement and improve service management practices. The targetgroup for the MALC qualification includes, but is not limited to:
- Chief information officers
- Senior IT managers
- IT managers
- IT professionals
- IT operations practitioners
- IT development practitioners
- Individuals who require a business and management level understanding of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate, for which this qualification is the final mandatory module
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management, for which the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate is a prerequisite.
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this qualification, candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following:
- Key concepts of the service lifecycle
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
- Managing services across the service lifecycle
- Governance and organization
- Implementing and improving service management capability.
- Case Studies
- Mock Exams
- State-of-the-art Training and Lab Equipment
- In-class Internet Access
- Personal Computer Station for Each Student
10% Discount for Veterans, or 20% Discount for Government Agencies!
Use coupon code "VET2020" or "GOV2020" at checkout. Call us at 888-410-7818 to verify your status before class.